Pages

16 May 2012

Products I Regret Buying!

 Products L-R: Bourjois chocolate highlighter, ELF complexion perfection, ELF all over colour stick (persimmon & lilac petal), Natural Collection concealer and Accessorize highlighter


Hello Girlies <3

I think i'm doing quite well with the whole blogging thing considering I usually have no time for blogging! My A level exams are coming up and revision should be taking over my life right now but i've had to take some time of from school as im ill with what both me and my doctor thought was tonsillitis but has actually turned out to be strep throat which is apparently highly contagious so no sixth form for me!

I am on the mend and hope to go back next week but for the rest of this week ive got quite a few blog posts that I hope you'll all be interested in including some reviews, recent nail varnish loves, make up starter kit and make up tips! If you have any more requests do let me know and i'll see what I can do!!

Anyways moving on... today's post is going to be on products that I regret buying. I don't often come across products that I regret buying because I do a lot of research into products before I buy them rather than wasting money on products that aren't worth it!

I managed to find 6 products that I actually do regret buying purely because in my opinion I don't like them but I know others do and that's perfectly fine I also have another product that I couldn't find when taking photos but i'll mention later on!

So here we go in order of photo:
1) Bourjois chocolate highlighter: I've heard loads of good things about this product with the smell being delicious and the colour being gorgeous and giving a beautiful glow to the face. With this product being quite difficult to find I found it on amazon for i think £7.99 or so and thought that I would grab it before it was impossible to find! I love the idea and smell of this product and thought that I would love it however when I swatched it I was really disappointed with the pigmentation and colour of the product. It's a really sheer colour and when applied to a brush and then to the face it doesn't show up at all! I know loads of people love this product but it isn't for me and I regret spending around £8 on it.

2) ELF Complexion Perfection: I LOVED the idea of this product with each colour cancelling out problems on the face for example green cancelling out redness. However when you mix all of these colours together on a brush and apply them to the face they look like a basic face powder and don't cancel out these colours at all. I regret buying this product purely because it wasn't really noticable and in my opinion coloured concealers would work better.

3) ELF all over color stick: I purchased these products to use as a face highlighter as in the packaging they look beautifully shimmery and give the impression they they would highlight the face perfectly however the colour pay off when applied with a brush is really poor and to smear it on the face in the wind up packaging isn't that much better! For £1.50 these products aren't great for use as a highlighter but i'm trying to find another use for these products.

4) Natural Collection concealer: I'm always on the hunt for good concealers as I believe they are one of the most important parts of creating a perfect base for makeup. However I didn't have much luck with this product. There are only 3 shades of this concealer and I decided to go for the medium shade as im not really pale but not really dark either however this product doesn't suit my skin tone at all because it's too dark. The product is also very liquidy and oily and hardy shows up on my skin to conceal dark circles or blemishes! I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone unless you do test it out and like it. A concealer that I have found and ADORE is collection 2000's lasting perfection concealer for £4 ish its AMAZING! Check it out!

5) Accessorize Highlighter: I love accesorize's makeup such as their eyeshadows and nail polishes however I wasn't overly keen on this product. This highlighter comes in liquid form in a golden colour and I really do not like the feel of it on my skin. The colour pay off isn't that great either. I haven't yet found a highlighter that has totally amazed me but when I do i'll be sure to let you know!

6) Product that wasn't photographed - Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: Loads of people that I know own this mascara and love it so I decided to test it out and see what the big rave was all about! Firstly the brush is really small and personally I like big thick brushes to help make lashes fuller and longer. In my opinion this product makes my lashes really crispy which I hate and it doesn't really make a difference to the thickness of my lashes. I really wanted to love this product as its super affordable however I can't seem to get along with it :( !

I hope you found this blog post interesting and if any of the products that I have mentioned are in your makeup bag and you love them that's fine these are just my opinions you can either ignore them or take them on board it's up to you!

Lauren Lorraine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment