Pages

29 May 2016

Makeup Revolution Haul & Review

Hello Girls <3

So it has been a fair while since I wrote a blog post.... 2 years in fact! A lot has gone on and lots has changed!

If you haven't already... please check out and subscribe to my Youtube channel where I review products, haul and do different makeup tutorials. www.youtube.com/laurenlorrainemakeup

I find Youtube easier to keep on track with and post more regularly as blog posts tend to take a bit more time.

Any ways on with the blog post. If you haven't already heard of Makeup Revolution well....Erm you must be living under a rock. This brand is exclusive to Superdrug and Online and is an amazingly affordable brand which tends to offer dupes for high end makeup brands. For example they duped Too Faced's Chocolate Palettes and Heart Blushers and other brands include Hourglass, Stila and Mac.

I already own quite a few palettes from Makeup Revolution and I can't stress how amazing they are. The pigmentation is second to none and the price is phenomenal.

Today's haul and review however is on the Mermaids vs Unicorns eyeshadow palette, Blush Melts cream blush palette, 2 Goddess of love highlighters, A blushing hearts blusher and a strobe cream.


So as you can see in the above picture this is what all of the beautiful products look like. The Mermaids vs Unicorns Palette is a gorgeous mix of greens, blues and purple tones. I normally don't venture into colours like these too often as I work with children so bright eyes could attract some extra attention but on the weekends I tend to vamp the makeup up! I saw this palette on a few occasions and after seeing it again and again I just kept getting more intrigued so I went ahead and purchased it and I am so glad I did. 


 Just look at these swatches I mean OMG I don't even need to comment I'll just let the picture do the talking! So creamy and pigmented and they blend like a dream!! This palette is only £4 and the eyeshadow pigmentation beats most of my MAC shadows.


Here are the highlighters and the blushers. Now these are the dupes of the Too Faced Sweetheart blushers which retail for £22 and the Makeup Revolution blushers, bronzers and highlighters are only £4.99.

So from left to right we have - Goddess of love - Golden Goddess Highlighter, Blushing Hearts - Peachy Pink Kisses and the Goddess of love Highlighter.





Here are the swatches of the Highlighters and the Blusher. We have the golden goddess, goddess of love and then the three swatches are the individual colours of the blusher and the one underneath is all three mixed together.

Below are some pictures of a look I created using the palette. I love this look and It was effortless to create. I used the vibrant purple in my crease and then mixed some of the blues to use all over the lids. I then dragged some blue under the lower lash-line. To create the wings on my eyes I actually used the black colour with a wet brush and I like the look it created.





All in all I would highly recommend these products to everyone! I will definitely be picking up more of the blushers and any new palettes that come out as the pigmentation is brilliant.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know if you've tried any of these products and which ones are your favourites.

Lauren Lorraine  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment